KChan-Shinobi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opeth, give them a chance, 'cause I hated them at one time!

Go down

Opeth, give them a chance, 'cause I hated them at one time! Empty Opeth, give them a chance, 'cause I hated them at one time!

Post  Adamodell Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:24 am

I won't lie, I like Trivium, but they do sound a tad bit trendy and overly American at times.

When I feel like going out into more abstract soundscapes and smooth acoustic riffing, along with some dissonant metal, I put in some Opeth. Man can this guy belt out a tune, in both senses of the word. His growl doesn't sound stupid like most but sounds more ominous and dark than anything. But, when he sings, man does that guy SING. He sounds more professional than even Bruce Dickinson, and his voice almost sounds like it would be more correct in an obscure folk rock band from the 70's.

There early works have enough twin guitar harmonies to die for, while their newer stuff is more rooted in death/progressive and some people might not like it.

If you like the more progressive side of Trivium and are getting sick of Heafy's screams, put in some Opeth. You may hate it to begin with, but it WILL grow on you, positively or negatively.

Also, these guys are MUCH better at writing songs than most bands, sometimes even outshining Metallica's classics if you can deal with the more modern touch of this band.
Adamodell
Adamodell
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://adamodell.vndv.com

Back to top Go down